Sunday, March 3, 2013

There was some sunshine today. Took the dog to the park and walked around a lot. Connected with no one. The dog had a good time, although he's been doing this new thing where he runs back to me and does this wriggle thing in front of me while I walk. He looks me in the eyes while he does it and seems to want something from me. I don't know what he wants. He runs around and explores but doesn't go as far. It's new for him to run back to me and do this questioning thing. He's not so usually so clingy when off-leash. I don't know what he wants. I usually can hear dogs, but lately I can't hear them. I don't know what he wants. The pain in the arm and upper shoulder continues. Made it difficult to do chores or drive this weekend. Tried to stay off the computer and do as little as possible with right arm to give it a rest, so couldn't knit. Connected with no one all weekend. The neglect of basic hygiene continues. A layer of dust covers every surface in the house and the cobwebs are thick. The garbage is piled up in the kitchen and I know I should take steps, but it just sits. The smell is, well, I wish I could do something about it. There's a winter storm warning starting tomorrow through Tuesday. Feel exhausted at the thought of dealing with 3 more inches of snow. Have had no luck all winter finding a kid to shovel for me. They just don't seem to exist. No one smiles at me anymore. The Christmas cactus continues to bloom, although it's cross-crossed with cobwebs.

3 comments:

Boud said...

You did connect with one person today! and I was so happy to get your text. I was in the midst of stitching with my group, and was so cheered to hear from you. Well done, for the effort, which I know it took.

Sayre said...

And I tried to call you...

I am feeling unusually cold right now. It's not actually that cold (in the 40s) and sunny but with a breeze. Add that to the fact that Florida people don't really have clothes for cooler weather. I realized this morning that I no longer own a coat. I wore my wrap that I brought home from Korea and that kept me warm - but it wasn't a coat. As someone who never seems to get cold anymore, it was odd to feel chilly on such a moderate kind of day.

Perhaps Buddha is asking you to play? My dogs wiggle when they want to play. Whatever form "play" takes.

barrie said...

Ack! Why do I not have your phone number?